Firstly I want to say the BIGGEST thank you to Gareth at Love At First Swipe for the nomination! When I write my blogposts, or post anywhere on my social media, I never really think that people read my blog – despite the numbers, I guess it makes it easier to keep writing and spend less time worrying!
Anyway, I feel incredibly honoured to be nominated along side so many other incredible bloggers!
I started my blog to write an online diary almost, writing about my eldest daughter, Amelia, and her journey with DDH (Hip Dysplasia). I wanted to not only share our story and how I coped from a first time mum side of things, but also to help raise awareness about DDH as even I hadn’t heard of it before Amelia was diagnosed. Now, I really enjoy writing about anything really – parenting mainly, but also general mummy life, tips and tricks I’ve learned along the way but I also enjoy reviewing new products, be it food or even beauty!
Two tips I have for new bloggers are:
1. Write about what you want to write about! I know, I know, this is the complete opposite to what pretty much everyone says about blogging. I do agree that everyone has a blogging niche, but don’t be afraid to write about something that isn’t strictly part of your niche. As I’ve just said, I’m a parenting blogger, but I also write about beauty products – you don’t always have to stick within your “boundaries”.
2. Don’t put too much pressure on yourself to make sure you have a blogpost up every week at the same time! Sometimes I don’t feel like writing and other times I can’t think what to write about, it happens to us all – I hope, haha.
Along side this is to not compare yourself to others. I hate to admit that I have been known for comparing myself to bloggers who are doing “better” than me, and focusing too much on what other people are doing instead of taking care of myself recently. Your mental well-being is more important than making sure your social media is updated 24/7 or your blogpost has gone up “on time”, so take a step back occasionally, not only to take care of yourself, but to remind yourself about why you started blogging in the first place.
Here are my nominees:
Melissa @ ItsMelissaJayne: A beauty and lifestyle blogger and vlogger.
Natalee @ There Might Be Coffee: A beauty, fashion and lifestyle blogger who I’ve known for SO many years now but we’ve actually never met!
Ross @ Isablog: A parenting blogger and vlogger, I strongly recommend anyone to head over and read about his journey with PND.
The Daddy @ Three Times Daddy: A daddy blogger – (if you didn’t guess – haha) and yes, I’m still far too shy even behind a keyboard to ask for his name for this blog post!
Brianna @ Brianna Marie Lifestyle: A lifestyle blogger with SO many useful tips!
Amy @ AmyBellxo: A fashion, beauty and lifestyle blogger and YouTuber.
Aaaaand this is the bit where I flake out and can’t keep up with nominating 15 bloggers! I know, I’m naughty, but hey – I’m ill right now and my head is hurting. Plus I did type out more people to nominate and they’d already been nominated so I thought it’s best not to embarrass myself – haha!
Thank you again for the nomination, I really appreciate it and it’s been quite fun to type up this post!
Here are the Rules for the Versatile Blogger Award:
1. THANK THE BLOGGER FOR NOMINATING YOU AND LINK TO THEIR BLOG. ✔
2. WRITE A BLOG POST ON YOUR WEBSITE SHOWING THE AWARD. ✔
3. DESCRIBE THE STORY OF WHY YOU STARTED YOUR BLOG. ✔
4. WRITE TWO PIECES OF ADVICE YOU HAVE FOR NEW BLOGGERS. ✔
5. NOMINATE 15 MORE BLOGGERS. ✔
6. NOTIFY EACH OF YOUR NOMINEES THAT YOU HAVE NOMINATED THEM. ✔
I look forward to seeing your tips and who you nominate!